This Redfin company information is to assist in Redfin corporate research, Redfin financial analysis, Redfin competitive intelligence, Redfin jobs & career search, and Redfin decision maker contact information.
Table Of Contents
Redfin Company Overview
Redfin Company Information
Industry Real Estate
2025 1st Ave 5th floor
Seattle, WA 98121
Seattle, WA 98121 United States 501-1000 employees
Key people Glenn Kelman (CEO)
Sasha Aickin (CTO)
Chris Nielsen (CFO)
Scott Nagel (PREO)
Number of employees 501-1000 employees
Redfin is a residential real estate company that provides an online real estate database and brokerage services. The firm was founded in 2004, and is based in Seattle, Washington. Redfin first launched its home buying and home selling services in 2006. Glenn Kelman is the CEO.
When working with homebuyers, Redfin refunds a portion of their commission, thus offering a rebate and saving commission fees. In Missouri, Oregon, and Tennessee, state law prevents them from offering a refund to homebuyers. A blend of technology and service also enables Redfin to charge a 1.5 percent listing fee for home sellers, which is less than the traditional 3 percent fee.
Redfin employs its agents directly and pays them a salary - departing from the commission-based compensation structure of traditional realtors - and ties bonuses to customer satisfaction. The company's agents are reviewed after every transaction, successful or failed, with all reviews posted on the site under the agent’s online profiles. 1
Redfin News & Press Releases
- 10 Best Cities for Amusement Park Lovers to VisitThe summertime is a season for celebration; kids rejoice over breaks from school, the weather becomes warmer and the days grow longer. And what better way to spend a warm weekend than exploring a city or relaxing in a park? How about a combination of the two? Visiting an amusement [read more]
- How to Stage Your Outdoor Space to Sell Your Home FasterEveryone loves the idea of indoor-outdoor living, even in climates where it’s only possible a few months out of the year. And when you’re selling a home, staging your outdoor space can be an important way to show off one of your home’s best features while attracting prospective buyers. [read more]
- Redfin, Industry-Leading Venture Firms Pledge to Diversify Startup BoardsImage via Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce/FlickrRedfin is joining forces with venture capital firms in Seattle and Silicon Valley that are committing to diversify high-technology company boards. The venture firms will encourage new portfolio companies to recruit an independent, diverse board member within two years of institutional funding. We’ve already [read more]
- Home Prices and Buyer Competition Hit New Highs in June as Inventory Drought Dragged into 21st Consecutive MonthThe median home sale price increased 7.3 percent from a year ago to $298,000 in June. This is the highest national median sale price recorded since we began keeping track in 2010. Despite record-high buyer demand during the busy spring market, sales only increased 1.9 percent compared to last year, [read more]
- 21 Things to Know Before Moving to Northern Virginia