This Redfin company information is to assist in Redfin corporate research, Redfin financial analysis, Redfin competitive intelligence, Redfin jobs & career search, and Redfin decision maker contact information.
Table Of Contents
Redfin Company Overview
Redfin Company Information
Industry Real Estate
2025 1st Ave 5th floor
Seattle, WA 98121
Seattle, WA 98121 United States 501-1000 employees
Key people Glenn Kelman (CEO)
Sasha Aickin (CTO)
Chris Nielsen (CFO)
Scott Nagel (PREO)
Number of employees 501-1000 employees
Redfin is a residential real estate company that provides an online real estate database and brokerage services. The firm was founded in 2004, and is based in Seattle, Washington. Redfin first launched its home buying and home selling services in 2006. Glenn Kelman is the CEO.
When working with homebuyers, Redfin refunds a portion of their commission, thus offering a rebate and saving commission fees. In Missouri, Oregon, and Tennessee, state law prevents them from offering a refund to homebuyers. A blend of technology and service also enables Redfin to charge a 1.5 percent listing fee for home sellers, which is less than the traditional 3 percent fee.
Redfin employs its agents directly and pays them a salary - departing from the commission-based compensation structure of traditional realtors - and ties bonuses to customer satisfaction. The company's agents are reviewed after every transaction, successful or failed, with all reviews posted on the site under the agent’s online profiles. 1
Redfin News & Press Releases
- The Once and Future KingRedfin CEO Glenn Kelman published the below on Linkedin on April 20, 2018. The LinkedIn editors asked me to respond to this question for an email newsletter called the Weekly Rundown: Why do recruiters and hiring managers almost everywhere ask for years of experience in a certain job field or industry and [read more]
- The Top 10 Neighborhoods for Green Homes in 2018In honor of Earth Day, we’re taking a look at the “greenest” neighborhoods across the country. Eco-friendly upgrades not only help preserve our beautiful planet for future generations, they’re better for your wallet, too. Green homes sold for $46,532 more on average in 2017 than homes without green features, according [read more]
- March Home Prices Up 8.9%, the Biggest Increase in Four YearsThe median home sale price increased 8.9 percent in March from a year ago, the highest price growth in four years. The median home sale price in March was $297,000 in the 174 markets that Redfin tracks. The lack of homes for sale, down 11.9 percent year over year, [read more]
- Redfin’s Scholarship Winner Predicts Which Industry Will Be Distrupted NextThe Redfin Scholarship is a way for Redfin to help students on their journey through higher education. The scholarship application period occurs twice yearly with awards given to a student in both the spring and fall. Here is the student essay that won the 2018 spring scholarship. Congrats Neha Nagabothu! Essay [read more]
- The She Shed: How to Create Your Outdoor OasisMove over, man cave. It’s high time for the she shed – a woman’s private enclave, separate from the house and designed to give ladies a special space of their own. You don’t have to buy a brand-new shed to carve out your own niche, though; you can refurbish an [read more]