This Redfin company information is to assist in Redfin corporate research, Redfin financial analysis, Redfin competitive intelligence, Redfin jobs & career search, and Redfin decision maker contact information.
Table Of Contents
Redfin Company Overview
Redfin Company Information
Industry Real Estate
2025 1st Ave 5th floor
Seattle, WA 98121
Seattle, WA 98121 United States 501-1000 employees
Key people Glenn Kelman (CEO)
Sasha Aickin (CTO)
Chris Nielsen (CFO)
Scott Nagel (PREO)
Number of employees 501-1000 employees
Redfin is a residential real estate company that provides an online real estate database and brokerage services. The firm was founded in 2004, and is based in Seattle, Washington. Redfin first launched its home buying and home selling services in 2006. Glenn Kelman is the CEO.
When working with homebuyers, Redfin refunds a portion of their commission, thus offering a rebate and saving commission fees. In Missouri, Oregon, and Tennessee, state law prevents them from offering a refund to homebuyers. A blend of technology and service also enables Redfin to charge a 1.5 percent listing fee for home sellers, which is less than the traditional 3 percent fee.
Redfin employs its agents directly and pays them a salary - departing from the commission-based compensation structure of traditional realtors - and ties bonuses to customer satisfaction. The company's agents are reviewed after every transaction, successful or failed, with all reviews posted on the site under the agent’s online profiles. 1
Redfin News & Press Releases
- 15 Colleges Where It’s Cheaper to Buy a Condo Than Pay for a DormA college education has become more and more unaffordable over the years, with tuition increasing 9 percent between 2011 and 2016. But it’s not just skyrocketing tuition that’s hitting students hard; there are the additional expenses of books, meal plans and the big one—housing. Dorm rooms in the U.S. range [read more]
- A Word of ThanksComing into Redfin’s public offering, I’d concluded that we live in a post-truth society. Our society has sometimes relegated science to opinion, and unwelcome news as fake. When different people have access to different information, democracy operates like an inefficient market, with policy mistakes taking longer to correct. It may [read more]
- These Were the 10 Most Favorited Homes Last WeekWhich homes are making buyers’ hearts go pitter-patter? Here’s a roundup of the ten homes listed between Sept. 11 and 17 that received the most favorites by Redfin users. What is a favorite? Homebuyers searching on the Redfin.com site or mobile app can “favorite” a home by clicking the heart on [read more]
- Home Prices Surged 7.7 Percent in August as Inventory Fell 12.4 PercentHome prices in August surged 7.7 percent, the largest year-over-year price gain since May 2015. The national median sale price was $293,000, flat from July. None of the metro areas Redfin tracks saw prices decline in August. The median value of off-market homes in August was $251,000, as measured by [read more]
- Hurricane Irma and Housing: What we know so farOur thoughts go out to the people who have been impacted by Hurricane Irma. We are working to support our customers in the affected areas, many of whom are still facing power outages and storm damage, and some who are just now returning to their homes. Home-buying and selling activity [read more]