This Redfin company information is to assist in Redfin corporate research, Redfin financial analysis, Redfin competitive intelligence, Redfin jobs & career search, and Redfin decision maker contact information.
Table Of Contents
Redfin Company Overview
Redfin Company Information
Industry Real Estate
2025 1st Ave 5th floor
Seattle, WA 98121
Seattle, WA 98121 United States 501-1000 employees
Key people Glenn Kelman (CEO)
Sasha Aickin (CTO)
Chris Nielsen (CFO)
Scott Nagel (PREO)
Number of employees 501-1000 employees
Redfin is a residential real estate company that provides an online real estate database and brokerage services. The firm was founded in 2004, and is based in Seattle, Washington. Redfin first launched its home buying and home selling services in 2006. Glenn Kelman is the CEO.
When working with homebuyers, Redfin refunds a portion of their commission, thus offering a rebate and saving commission fees. In Missouri, Oregon, and Tennessee, state law prevents them from offering a refund to homebuyers. A blend of technology and service also enables Redfin to charge a 1.5 percent listing fee for home sellers, which is less than the traditional 3 percent fee.
Redfin employs its agents directly and pays them a salary - departing from the commission-based compensation structure of traditional realtors - and ties bonuses to customer satisfaction. The company's agents are reviewed after every transaction, successful or failed, with all reviews posted on the site under the agent’s online profiles. 1
Redfin News & Press Releases
- What Happens to the Real Estate Market When Supply Falls for 25 Straight Months?Home price growth was strong in October, up 7.6 percent compared to a year ago to a national median sale price of $288,000 across the markets Redfin serves. Sales were essentially unchanged from October of last year, down 0.1 percent. Home sales have declined year over year for the past [read more]
- Why I Work at Redfin: Jim BarnettJim Barnett is a buy-side agent working out of Denver, CO, in his third year at Redfin. Jim embodies the Redfin values: genuine, honorable, mission-driven and resourceful. An experienced real estate agent, Jim is passionate about his work, clients and the relational aspects of the home-buying process. We spent some [read more]
- Factors That Influence Home BuyingA home is a reflection of its owner’s personality, tastes and values. Because we know that each individual is unique and has her own idea of what’s important when choosing a home, we set out to compare and contrast what different types of homebuyers–think men vs. women, dog people vs. cat people–care [read more]
- 37 Home Staging Experts Share the Secret to Appeal to Buyers in Your CityWhen staging your house, how do you appeal to every person who will walk through your doors? Sure, you adore your black marble countertop and blue walls, but what will the buyer’s think? While it’s impossible to cater to everyone’s different preferences, there are some overarching similarities to appeal to [read more]
- Top Migration Destinations Include Nation’s Most Active Metros for Residential ConstructionTwenty-two percent of Redfin.com users searched for homes outside their home metro in the third quarter of 2017, up slightly from 21 percent in the second quarter and 20 percent in the first quarter. The analysis is based on a sample of more than one million Redfin.com users searching for [read more]